Lex Conscientia (UK) Limited is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. Please read the following policy to understand how your information will be treated.
Collecting and using your personal information
- You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, there are opportunities throughout the website to submit your contact details and other information about yourself or your organisation, or to send us emails which will identify you.
- In each case, the purpose for which you are invited to give us information is clear.
- We will not use your information for purposes that are not clear when you provide your details.
- We will not disclose your personal information outside Lex Conscientia, except to service providers or consultants acting on our behalf who are contractually bound by obligations of confidentiality, or in other very limited circumstances, for example, with your agreement or where we are legally obliged to do so.
- Our team members work primarily at their homes or in public places with wifi, through a virtual office. This means that we use our computers using standard office software, and internet and cloud based communication and document storage including Office 365, Google Mail and many other cloud based applications. We rely on the security of those cloud based applications and on the security of public wifi systems.
- We maintain virtual files both on our computers and through cloud based applications. Occasionally, we create paper files that we store at home. We keep these files confidential but do not keep them under lock and key. When we do not have further use for our paper files, we shred and recycle them.
Information and unsubscribing
- If we propose to use your details to send you information from Lex Conscientia about events or legal and business developments, which we believe may be of interest to you (other than information that you have specifically requested), we give you an opportunity to tell us that you do not wish to receive such information by ticking a box or by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may refuse the use of these cookies via the settings in your browser.
- We use analytics programmes to help us analyse how users use our site.
- Unless you provide us with your personal information, the analytics programmes we use will not be able to identify you though they may be able to identify your organisation.
- The proprietors of the analytics programmes will use the information on behalf of Lex Conscientia for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Confidentiality of your information
- We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of, and protect, your information in accordance with our normal working procedures and applicable laws.
- Please assist us to comply with our obligation to keep your personal data accurate and up to date by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information.
This policy and your rights
- We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.