EMPLOYMENT LAW SOLICITOR (BIRMINGHAM) A193
Our client is a boutique firm providing employment law services to employers and employees. They are looking for a skilled employment solicitor with around 5 or more PQE who can manage their caseload. The right candidate will be able to understand what their clients are looking to achieve, plan strategically and apply the law with accuracy and attention to detail.
Reporting to the Principal Solicitor, the role desires the following professional competencies:
- You are an experienced solicitor specialising in employment law with around 5 or more years PQE;
- You have represented both employees and employers;
- You have experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters;
- You have a working knowledge of the law on restrictive covenants;
- You have prepared contracts of employment;
- You have advised on settlement agreements;
- You are familiar with and have prepared staff handbooks;
- You have excellent computer skills, particularly in the use of Outlook and Word;
- You will have a valid UK driving licence and be willing to use your own vehicle for business purposes (mileage paid);
- You have experience of helping clients deal with unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, redundancy issues, whistle blowing claims, and TUPE issues;
- You have appeared at the Employment Tribunal, at least on preliminary matters;
- You have prepared ET1, ET3, particulars of claim and grounds of resistance; and
- You have worked with computer-based client management systems.
The role is for Birmingham (B16) with the possibility of home working and flexible hours. Salary is renumerated at £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience. There are 25 days leave plus Bank Holidays and 3% pension contributions. Suitable applicants desiring a part-time role will also be considered.
To find out more or apply, please email email@example.com