Litigation Lawyer – Part-time (Choice of Location)
Our client is a progressive and growing law firm with four offices in the South West of England, in Amesbury, Andover, Fordingbridge and Salisbury. It is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated litigator to join one of its offices and will build the role around the choice of the successful candidate.The opportunity
The firm is looking for a Lawyer or Legal Executive to work part-time conducting the firm’s own debt recovery, as well as general civil litigation on behalf of its clients. It is anticipated that the workload will provide a variety of civil litigation work, but the successful candidate’s particular responsibility will be debt collection for the firm and assisting with credit control.About you
You will be an experienced Lawyer or Legal Executive, who is confident, well-presented, friendly and approachable. You will also have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of general civil litigation, including, but not limited to, debt collection work;
- A thorough understanding of the law and practice of litigation;
- The ability to run a caseload unsupervised, but with the support of a high-quality litigation team across the firm;
- The ability to be self-supporting and the confidence and ability to react to change whilst working in a pressurised environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be an enthusiastic team player;
- Strong organisational, time management and IT skills;
- Excellent standards of client care and great communication skills;
- A history of strong billing; and
- The desire and ability to help to grow the Litigation Department.
Experience of using the Proclaim case management system would also be useful, although not essential, as would marketing skills. A locally-based candidate would also be ideal, as our client believes local lawyers are more successful in generating local work.Flexibility and Part-time
Our client is happy to be flexible on hours, but the role might suit someone working 10am-3pm, Monday to Friday to fit in with school or childcare arrangements. Flexible working is also possible, as many of the firm’s lawyers routinely work from home.Salary
The firm is offering a competitive salary at market rate, negotiable depending on experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing firm and to progress your career as a litigator on a part-time basis.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.